A church equipped and united embracing missions that transform lives
Bridging the gap between churches to empower the lost, the least and the lonely
To turn missions from a mere church event into a lifestyle
“Equip, Empower, Transform”
Values lie at the heart of what brings people together in order to accomplish a common goal or task.
3-Strands’ values are:
- Christ’s Mission
Matt. 28:19-20 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
1 Cor. 9:19,23 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more… 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be a partaker of it with you.
Christ’s mission is our command.
“Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’”
- Word, action and behavior is consistent with God’s Word
- Practices spiritual disciplines regularly.
- Intentionally acts to develop Christ-like character
Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
- Does not look for or assume motives beyond those stated by others; Respects and honors matters of confidentiality.
- Assumes the best of others when actions are questioned.
- Communicates regularly
2 Cor. 1:12 (LB)
“We are so glad that we can say with utter honesty that in all our dealings we have been pure and sincere, quietly depending upon the Lord for his help and not on our own skills. And that is even more true, if possible, about the way we have acted toward you.”
2 Cor 8:20 (Msg) We are being as careful with our reputation with the public as in our reputation with the Lord.
Matthew 20:26-27 (NLT)
But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave.
We believe that regardless of position we are called to serve one another. Servant-hood is about helping others be successful in what they do.
- Looks for ways to help one another
- Understands the importance of helping others to achieve team goals.
- Develops the abilities of others through active mentoring and coaching.
Romans 12:4-5 For as in one body we have many members, and not all the members have the same function, 5 so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually we are members one of another.
Recognition that God brings the right people together at the right time for the right tasks.
Synergy is accomplished by each part working together to achieve a common vision through communication.
- Accepts and supports team decisions after individual views have been expressed.
- Contributes to the success of others by helping others solve problems, meet deadlines, and work effectively.
- Place team success over individual success
3-Strands International Primary Ministry Responsibility:
To Establish an African Discipleship Center in Nairobi to fulfill the great commission by turning Christ Deeds from a mere Church program to a lifestyle of its members through Discipling, Equipping, Empowering and Deploy Servants-leaders (DEEDS) within and outside the walls of the Church to Restore the Lost, the Least and the Lonely with the Gospel of Jesus Christ; using Global Church resources to transform lives.
3-Strands International (3SI) Ministries is committed to building partnerships to reach nations with the transforming message of the love of God as revealed in Jesus Christ, deepen their walk with God through discipleship training, build their capacity to mobilize communities and nations to lead a global movement of spiritual and social transformation. 3-Strands (3-strands.org) seeks to build partnerships that unite America and Africa in trusting God to mobilize global resources to build spiritual movements and impact all spheres of community life. Established in 2009, 3SI Ministries has developed key ministry programs that are impacting both America and Africa and spreading to other parts of our world.
Key ministries include:
- 3SI Church Leaders Capacity Building: To equip and mobilize 1000 church leaders in transformational leadership annually.
- 3SI Cross-cultural Mission Trips: To mobilize 3 mission-trips between Africa and America, bringing over 100 participants for intense training and community outreach annually.
- 3SI Slum Transformation Programs: To provide social and economic solutions that improves the quality of life for people living in slums into centres of transformation with sew4life.org sewing ministry. We provide education, sewing skills, trade and character development to women, teenage mothers and children.
- 3SI Family Ministries: Using primarily kardo.org training tools, to strengthen and restore over 500 families annually as building blocks for society.
- 3SI Outreach and Church Planting Programs: To serve as a catalyst in planting one viable and sustainable church annually. Teach church members how to evangelize, win souls and do missions as a lifestyle beyond the walls of their denominations.